Eau Claire Distillery Call for Artist Submissions!
Alberta’s first single malt whisky distillery, Eau Claire Distillery is excited to announce a call for artist portfolios. Eau Claire Distillery is looking to commission a local Alberta artist to help with custom art development for special projects. This is an exciting opportunity for emerging, mid-career and established artists that have a connection to Alberta, and more specifically reside in Alberta. Eau Claire Distillery is looking for someone who is passionate about distilled spirits, farming culture and Alberta’s history.
Note: Please DO NOT submit spec labels or custom art – we are looking for style and composition representative of your portfolio and work.
Submission Guidelines – Eau Claire Distillery Custom Art Development
Submission MUST include:
- Must be an Alberta artist. Must currently reside in the province of Alberta and have an Alberta address.
- Artist Name.
- Address, telephone, email.
- Digital images of not more than 10 pieces for evaluation, hard copy portfolio an asset to the address listed below.
- Any description/ suggestion for of any print materials needed.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages) summarizing relevant training, artistic accomplishments and public presentations of work.
- Artist’s statement/biography (maximum one page) including:
- Description of work
- Media used (any special techniques?)
- Who and what are your artistic influences?
Please do not submit spec labels or custom art – we are looking for style and composition representative of your portfolio and work.
Portfolios are evaluated by Eau Claire Distillery’s senior management team. The team will choose the winning artist based on the quality of presentation of the application including all supporting documentation.
Please send complete proposals digitally to:
Chelsea Barclay at email@example.com
Marketing & Communications Specialist
PO Box 1539, 113 Sunset Blvd NW
Turner Valley, AB, T0L 2A0
Proposals will be reviewed by Eau Claire Distillery’s senior management team, after August 4th, 2017 and the winner will be announced August 14th, 2017.
If your work is chosen, expect Eau Claire Distillery to provide:
- Commission based on work provided.
The work presented in a proposal must be that of the submitting artist. If selected for the special projects artwork, the artist will be required to sign a contract granting Eau Claire Distillery permission to all usage rights of the artwork.